9/16/12

One year ago!

WOW! I can't believe it was a whole year ago today that I got engaged to my best friend in this whole world!! Its crazy to think he put this ring on my finger a year ago and I love it more and more every day!!  If you haven't heard the story of my ring then this part is for you.  Its a pretty special story actually :)

Jett had told me when we were starting to get pretty serious that is mom left her wedding ring to him.  She passed away when Jett was 10 years old and pretty much left everything of hers to him.  Jett came down to St George with my family Easter of 2011 while I was down there going to school.  We went on a drive and he pulled out the ring to show me.  WOW! I have had my wedding ring picked out since I was about 8, but when I saw the ring he had I wanted that even more than the one I had picked.  I put it on and wore it on the rest of our drive until I pulled into my driveway.  I almost walked into the house with it on... What would my parents have thought about that!? (Jett had been home almost 3 months at that time :) )  

Anyway.... I had known about the ring for some time before I actually got it.  His mom's ring was gold with an oval diamond.  I have always wanted a round diamond and maybe a few diamonds on the side.  So that's what we did with it.  Jett took the ring in and had his mom's band cast into white gold and changed it up a little bit to make it special for me. I had a picture in my head of what it was going to look like when it was done.  When I saw it I was in SHOCK! It was more gorgeous than I had even imagined! I love my ring so much!! :) Sometimes Jett thinks I love my ring more than him... But I don't!



And if you haven't heard the engagement story then this part is for you!  Jett and I got engaged on September 16, 2011.  Jett came down to St George with my family [again] over Labor day.  We had a fun weekend together but when he drove away to go home it was the hardest goodbye ever! My dad said "do you miss him" and I started crying... I think that's when my parents knew I really wanted to be with him!  I had been doing a lot of thinking and I text him and said "what if we got married in December?" I think I put him into shock! Our original plan was to get married in April or June of 2012.  I couldn't wait that long and I knew he couldn't either!  We did a fast together a few days later and both felt really good about it! He called my dad and met with him that Saturday after Labor day.  My parents were a little surprised but told us they would keep it a secret until we got engaged.  The following Friday I flew home and BARELY made my flight! This is where the story really starts....

I was home hanging out with my mom for a little while before Jett came to pick me up.  We started talking about wedding plans and she said "when are you gonna be engaged so we can just start planning this?" I had a hunch it would be that night but I wasn't positive.. Jett told me the ring wasn't ready and I wasn't getting my hopes up.  He picked me up and we went to Joy Luck.  Our favorite restaurant and the one we went to for most of our dates.  Then we almost always go walk around the temple after our dates.  I kept looking at his pockets for the ring box but didn't see anything so I was starting to think it wasn't going to happen that night. When we got to the temple it started raining but he insisted we go anyway.  He was acting really weird and stalling A LOT! Then I started to get a smile on my face and suspected something.  We walked to the front steps of the Bountiful Temple and he talked to me and told me he loved me and gave me a hug. As he was hugging me I felt him reach into his pocket and I squeezed him so hard and I think I said "oh my gosh!" He got down on one knee and before he even finished I said "yes!!!" and grabbed him and kissed him!

Ryan [Jett's brother] was in the bushes across from us taking pictures and I didn't even see him until he was right up next to us! What a fun day that was!  We spent the rest of the night going around and telling everyone! Can't believe how fast this last year has gone! I love you Jett!

 The hug as he was getting the ring
 Putting my ring on
 I almost fell over I was so happy!
 Finally engaged!
Such a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. oh my heavens...ONE YEAR!?!? that is way too crazy!!! i was so so excited when i heard the news! ah that was so much fun when we were running buddies and i got to hear about all the plans and stuff! i miss you jill!!

    ReplyDelete