6/25/14

My 2 month old

I always thought I would be one of those moms who always says "when did my baby get so big!?" Or "my baby is growing up way too fast! Make time slow down!" Which it is true, they grow up way too fast. However, from the moment Grace got here I kept thinking how excited I was to see her grow and learn new things each day! I feel bad everyday I think that because I don't want to wish away the newborn stage. It is so so fun! But also extremely difficult and a lot harder than I imagined it to be. I love that she is getting bigger and able to do a little more each day. Her little personality is really starting to come out and she smiles all the time. I hope she stays my happy little girl forever!

Some things about our Gracie girl

At two months she is a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz! She is 22 1/2 inches long and still has this perfect tiny head.



She started doing 4 hour stretches at night for the first two weeks she was here. Then it quickly changed to 5 and 6 hour stretches. And by about 7 weeks she started sleeping 9-11 hours at night! I was thinking the last few days that I couldn't remember the last time I got up with her in the middle of the night and then last night she decided to wake up at 3 and wanted to eat!! Ah!! That hurts when you are used to sleeping all night again! She is a miracle baby though! I hope all our kids love sleep like she does! We found out she also sleeps like her mom and can't hold still! The last week or so we have gone in in the morning and she has completely flipped around! We always lay her head on a silky blanket so her hair doesn't rub off. So much for that huh Grace!? She also loves to roll to her side and throw her head all the way back when she sleeps. She is so funny to watch!





She smiles all the time and loves when we play with her bottom lip. It makes her smile every time. She also laughs in her sleep and it is the cutest thing ever!



She rolled over for the first time on June 13, her two month birthday. I laid her on her stomach to take a nap and she immediately flipped to her back! She has done it several times since!

The only time she cries is when she is hungry and most of the time will stop if we give her a binky. She will let us know if she needs to eat right then though!!

Grace LOVES taking baths and I think she would stay in it all day if I let her. She also was a champ the few times we have taken her swimming! The cold water didn't even seem to bother her!




She is amazing in the car! The second we put her in her car seat she is quiet and we sometimes forget she is in the car with us! She also did great all the way to St George this last weekend!

I love getting to stay home with her everyday! (Except a few hours on Thursday when I go into work) I've always dreamed of being a stay at home mom and can't wait to take care of more kids some day! I am excited to see how different our kids will be and what will change with each one! Until then I feel my hands are very full!

Mommy and daddy love you Gracie girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment